Our Statement of Commitment
MCABC is committed to the health and safety of our members and the mechanical contracting industry. This COVID-19 Resource page will continue to be updated as we learn about new tools, resources, and updates to support you and your business as you navigate the challenges with this outbreak. We will also continue to provide members with communications in the coming days and weeks to keep you updated.
MCABC has been and will continue to operate from a remote environment, with staff each working from home. We are fully operational, to reach us please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call our office line: 604-205-5058, or you may reach MCABC CEO, Kim Barbero directly on her cell phone: 604-351-0375.
Events & Education
The MCABC Business Conference, which was originally scheduled for May 2020, has been postponed. New dates have been confirmed with the River Rock Casino Resort for September 24-25, 2020. We will relaunch registrations closer to that date.
The Proactive Service Workshop for Field Service Technicians has been postponed and will be rescheduled when it is safe to do so.
The Project Management courses will continue as planned, October 19-23, 2020 and November 16-20, 2020.
In the meantime, there are several online courses available to members which can be taken from the safety of your remote work spaces.
Kim is also participating in daily updates with members of the Council of Construction Associations, which includes more than 13 provincial associations. They are working together to ensure the interests of everyone involved in the construction industry are represented.
- Business Credit Availability Program: $10 billion to support Canadian businesses obtain financing in this time of uncertainty
- COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: $27 billion to support Canadian workers and businesses as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Temporary Wage Subsidy: To help businesses prevent lay-offs through a subsidy per employee
- Tax Flexibility: Businesses can defer income tax payments until September 1, 2020
- BC COVID-19 Action Plan: $5 billion plan that includes $2.2 billion for businesses.
- Guidance to BC Manufacturers During COVID-19
- Province’s Support of Essential Services During COVID-19
- BC Emergency Benefit for Workers
- Employer Guide for Handling Absences and other Disruptions
- COVID-19 Economic Resources for Businesses
- WorkSafeBC Resources for Workers
- City of Vancouver Services: List of changes to city services, facilities, and policies
- Health Organizations
- Vancouver Coastal Health: Assessment of the local COVID-19 situation
- Health Canada: Assessment of the national COVID-19 situation
- World Health Organization: Assessment of the global COVID-19 situation
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Information about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself and your community.
- BC Construction Association: Construction Briefing – COVID-19
- BC Construction Safety Alliance: COVID-19 Updates
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Pandemic Preparedness Guide for Businesses
- Canadian Construction Association: COVID-19 Resources
- Independent Contractors and Business Association of BC: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Construction
- Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada: COVID-19 Updates
- UA Local 170: COVID-19 Resources for Members
- UA Local 516: COVID-19 Information and Resources
COVID-19 Safe Business Resources
- BCCSA: Onsite Behaviour for Presumed COVID-19 Cases
- BCCSA: Performing Work in Private Residences
- BC Ministry of Health: Guidelines for Industrial Camps
- COVID-19: What to do When Physical Distancing is not Possible?
- Vancouver Coastal Health Announcement: Water Stagnation Risks Due to Prolonged Reduced Building Occupancy
- Guidance to Construction Sites
- Site Safety Standards for Bird, Etro and Ledcor Construction; LMS Reinforcing Steel Group and Smith Bros. & Wilson
- Coronavirus Preparedness for Workplaces
- BCCSA’s Construction Industry Coronavirus FAQs
- WorkSafeBC: Construction and COVID-19 Safety
- COCA has set up a help desk for Covid-19 WorkSafeBC-related questions and concerns in an effort to expedite and, where possible, provide interim answers to industry’s questions. Please submit your query using the following form and send to email@example.com. Please indicate that you are an MCABC member.
- Important COVID Resources, WorkSafeBC & Cameron Herold
- Important Information for MCABC Members: Vancouver Coastal Health Advisory March 27
- Western MCA Spirit March 27, 2020
- MCABC Webinar Announcement: Cameron Herold
- Update from MCABC CEO: Standards for Site Safety
- Western MCA Spirit March 24, 2020
- March 2020 Informer
- Update from MCABC CEO: Guidance to Construction Sites
- Cybersecurity For a Remote Workforce
- Operational, Health and Safety in the Age of Covid-19
- AON Webinar: COVID-19, Cyber Security & Workplace Investigations
- MCA Canada COVID-19 Webinar Series:
- Zoom: A remote communication tool for video and audio conferencing
- Google Hangouts: A remote communication tool with video and phone conferencing
- Slack: A project management and communication tool for teams
- Asana: A project management tool for teams
- Trello: A list making and project management tool